Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without a recipe from one of our favorite Central Florida caterers, Puff ‘n Stuff Catering.
Chef Jason Pepin with Puff ‘n Stuff Catering has shared one of his favorite recipes for the upcoming holiday. But before I share this yummy dish let me tell you a little about Puff ‘n Stuff Catering.
Located in Central Florida and Tampa they have been Passionately Perfecting Life’s Celebrations since 1971. Puff ‘n Stuff started as a small pastry shop in San Fernando, Trinidad specializing in puff pastries. When the owners, Susie and Glenn Dietel, moved to Florida, they re-opened the Puff ‘n Stuff pastry shop in Central Florida in 1980. The little shop grew quickly and soon began providing catering services!
In 2003, their son, Warren Dietel, had a vision for the company, purchased the business from his parents, and immediately set out to grow Central Florida’s premier catering operation into a full-service event company. He updated the brand, added “Catering” to the company name, and continued to develop a world-class reputation by providing restaurant-quality cuisine, impeccable service, and creating unique, custom events.
Today Puff ‘n Stuff has facilities in Central Florida and Tampa and service up to 20 events per day whether it be a small corporate luncheon or an elaborate wedding they exceed their clients expectations.
Today Chef will be sharing a recipe for Pumpkin Risotto with Truffle Marscapone (Serves 10-15)
4 Tbsp Butter
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 onion, ¼” dice
6 ea Garlic, crushed
6 cups Arborio Rice
4 cup Pumpkin Puree
12 cups Vegetable Stock
2 cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper to season/taste
1 cup Parsley, chopped
1 cup Mascarpone
2 Tbsp Truffle Shavings, chopped
- Combine Mascarpone and Truffle, season with Salt and Pepper
- Heat Butter and Oil together in a large saucepan
- Gently cook the Onion and Garlic.
- Add the Rice and cook, stirring until the rice is coated in the oil mix.
- Cook this about 1 minute.
- Stir in the Pumpkin
- Add 1 cup of the hot Stock.
- Cook, stirring often until the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- You don’t want the liquid to be boiling in with the rice, just a gentle simmer.
- Continue stirring and adding stock one cup at a time until the stock is all absorbed and the rice is tender.
- This takes about 20 minutes.
- Stir frequently, it should be loose not a ball of Rice
- Stir in the Parmesan Cheese, Seasoning and Parsley.
- Garnish with Truffle Mascarpone
We hope you enjoy this and if you are looking for a great company to cater your next event call Puff ‘n Stuff Catering, 407-629-7883.
I just wanted to take a moment to share with all of you a few things I am thankful for this holiday season. I am thankful for my husband, family and friends for being so supportive of my passion and Pavone Events. I would like to thank our clients for trusting us with their special day and for the great vendors we get to work with in this industry, who are more like family than colleagues.